Recognition and Naming Opportunities       Make a Gift
Below is a partial representation of naming opportunities available in recognition of leadership gifts to SUNY Oswego. 

What is an endowed fund?
An endowed gift creates a fund in which the principal donation is invested and the interest from that investment funds part or all of the financial support spent on the designated endowment. The fund remains for the college’s use in perpetuity and creates a lasting legacy at SUNY Oswego.

How do I establish an endowed fund?
You can establish an endowed fund through outright gifts of cash or appreciated stock, or through a multi-year pledge (no more than five years). It can be endowed through a bequest or other charitable giving instrument (e.g. gift annuities, trusts, etc.)

See the FAQ for more detailed information.

Endowment naming opportunities may include:
    Minimum Endowed Gift  
School    $5 million
Academic or Administrative Department    $3 million
Oswego Global Laboratory Program    $2.25 million
Dean    $2 million
Director or Department Chair     $1.5 million
Professorship    $1 million
Distinguished Visiting Professorship    $750,000
Lecture Series    $250,000
Oswego Global Laboratory Scholarship    $250,000
New Technology and Equipment    $250,000
Excellence Fund
For programs, departments, schools/colleges                        
Collection Fund
For library, arts, etc.

Full Undergraduate Scholarship (tuition, room & board, fees)    $500,000
Graduate Fellowship    $250,000
Possibility Scholar (Endowed)    $250,000
Undergraduate Research Fund    $250,000
Graduate Assistantship    $150,000
Presidential Scholarship (tuition only)    $150,000
Possibility Scholar (Current use for 4 years)    $100,000
Unrestricted Endowment    $100,000
Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship    $25,000

The minimum amount required to establish an endowed fund for any purpose is $25,000. Donors are encouraged to contact the Office of University Development to determine naming opportunities that will most closely match the donor’s interest with the college’s needs.

For more information, please contact the Office of University Development at or 315-312-3003.