Loyal Lakers Society
Effective July 1, 2016 the Loyal Lakers Society recognizes SUNY Oswego’s most steadfast and consistent donors. These long-term donors are the cornerstone of SUNY Oswego’s success by providing the college with the confidence and resources to achieve new goals and carry out its mission of educating future leaders.
- Entrance into the consecutive donor giving society is automatic and occurs after five consecutive years of giving to The Fund for Oswego.
- Recognition is based on the total of gifts and pledge payments received in a single fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
- Gifts of any amount to all areas of the college are counted toward the society’s membership.
- Couples are recognized for the combined total of their contributions.
Why Consistency Matters
- Consistent financial support provides an assurance of resources that the college can depend on to deliver high-quality education, pursue relevant research, and recruit and retain the brightest students and faculty.
- College rankings are based partially on the number of alumni who donate to their alma mater. Gifts of all sizes count. An investment in the college is an investment in the value of your degree.
- Consistent annual support fulfills the promise in “The Message of the Torch,” delivered each year to new graduates during the Commencement Eve Torchlight Ceremony: “We, the alumni of SUNY Oswego, dedicate [the torch’s] bright burning to our memories of the light transferred from our school, through us, to others. May its glory never be dimmed.” Consistent donors ensure that the flame of learning continues to burn bright.
For more information, contact the Alumni and Development Office at email@example.com or 315-312-3003.