On behalf of our entire alumni and development staff, let me share how happy we were to welcome everyone back to campus for Reunion 2017! More than 1,200 alumni and friends got into an “Oswego State of Mind” for our biggest “family reunion,” and met up with old friends and hopefully made some new ones, too.
Check out our Reunion 2017 Photo Gallery
Oswego spirit, laughter and hugs filled the weekend! A special thanks to the more than 55 volunteers who helped plan the weekend and rallied their friends to return to campus. The celebration included 18 mini-reunion groups -- including more than
150 Sigma Gamma brothers -- and 11 milestone anniversary classes. Representatives from 64 different class years ranging from 1947 through 2020 attended Reunion.
Distance didn’t seem to be a problem for Oswego alumni who came from 27 states (in yellow) and as far as Binfield Berks, United Kingdom, and Cali, Columbia! Aside from New York, most of our alumni traveled from Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Massachusetts.
Reunion Weekend Highlights
- Nearly 700 people attended the “Come As You Were BBQ” at Fallbrook on Friday night.
- Saturday afternoon’s “Picnic on the Lake” behind Lakeside Dining Center drew more than 375 attendees.
- More than 175 people attended the “Oswego State of Mind” Concert on Saturday evening.
- The Class of ’77 brought back the largest number of attendees ever for a 40th reunion.
- Good friends, great weather, perfect sunsets … Priceless!!!!
Reunion Class Gifts
- Participation in this year’s reunion class gift fundraising was a huge success. The total amount raised to date from all reunion classes is $399,814.
- This year’s Reunion Giving Participation Cup was presented to the Class of 1967 with a total class participation of 24%.
- Of the 11 milestone reunion classes, the 30th Reunion Cluster (1986-1988) presented the largest class gift of $230,514.
- To the more than 55 Reunion Planning and Giving Volunteers for all your hard work! You are awesome!
- To Oswego Alumni Association's Alumni Service Award recipients Louis A. Borrelli Jr. ’77 and Jennifer Shropshire ’86.
- To Jack James ’62, Sam Lupo ’77, Jerry Oberst ’77 and Joy Westerberg Knopp ’92 for your special contributions to the weekend!
- To Delta Kappa Kappa, the first active Greek organization to establish an endowed scholarship.
If you’d like to help plan next year’s festivities -- including helping to select the theme and recruit classmates to attend --
please join the Reunion Engagement and Planning Committee.
It’s not too late to make a special Reunion gift to The Fund for Oswego in honor of your reunion. All gifts help our current students. Please make your gift by June 30, the end of the fiscal year.
We hope Reunion Weekend helped you reconnect with friends, relive your college days, experience a bit of today's Oswego and create new memories. Please come back often and know that the Alumni Association is always here for you!
Laura Pavlus Kelly ’09
Director of Alumni Relations
Save the date for Reunion 2018, June 7-10.