Start your future today, join the
Future Alumni Network!
FANs is a group of prestigious student leaders dedicated to raising awareness of the Oswego Alumni Association and The Fund for Oswego amongst their fellow peers, faculty and staff. As members, they will educate the student body about the importance of philanthropy and of staying connected to their alma mater after graduation. This board is also about students helping students — about students taking care of the SUNY Oswego family.
By participating in this organization and by supporting fellow SUNY Oswego community members, we demonstrate to others that we value SUNY Oswego not just as our school, but as an important contributor to our future. These leaders are our “alumni-leaders-in-training” working to create connections between past, present and future alumni.
- Opportunities for campus exposure, making the FANs Student Ambassadors some of the most visible and well-known students on campus.
- Development of personal growth, self-esteem, leadership skills and a professional resume
- Unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public
speaking, representing the College) which help develop the skills and
confidence vital to future success in job interviews and career
- Opportunity to work with and learn from the Alumni Association staff.
Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for
pleasure, help on campus, and references upon graduation
- Networking opportunities with the Alumni Board and GOLD Leadership Council
- Unique invitations to special alumni events
- Opportunities to network with alumni and build your network
What duties are performed by the FANs Student Ambassadors?
- Give campus tours to alumni. Personalizing the College
visit by making alumni feel welcome, comfortable, and confident about
their Oswego experience.
- Demonstrate sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, interest, and helpfulness in all aspects of the FANs position
- Represent FANs and The Alumni Association at specific events
- Promote and increase involvement in student events and opportunities
- Participate in occasional photo shoots for promotional materials
- Make presentations about FANs in specific classes
- Attend weekly meetings to help plan and coordinate events
- Receive invitations to special events for members at specific alumni events
- Attend the end of the year FANs Appreciation Night
Click here to meet the FANs members and see why they joined FANs.
Ways to Join
Sign-In to Laker Life: Lake Life
Recommend a GREAT student: recommendation form
Check back for our fall meeting dates and times.
Friday, Aug. 21 Welcoming Torchlight
Friday, Nov. 13 Green & Gold Day
Saturday, Nov. 14 Homecoming
MEET THE FANS ADVISORY BOARD!
Build your alumni network today.
Become a FAN of SUNY Oswego!