Online MBA Program Earns National Rankings
Oswego’s online MBA tied for 14th among online graduate business programs -- the highest of any institution in the state, according to the U.S. News and World Report 2014 “Best Online Degree Programs: Business (Graduate)” rankings, published Jan. 8.
Tylock Family Doubles its Oswego Connection
Like most sisters, Angela Tylock ’18, a freshman political science major, and Kathryn Tylock M ’15, a graduate student in chemistry, love to share their daily experiences with one another. But they don’t need to rely on cell phone, Skype or FaceTime; instead, they just get together for a meal on campus.
Oswego One of Six SUNY Colleges to Debut Open SUNY
The SUNY system has selected SUNY Oswego’s nationally ranked online master’s in business administration and MBA in health services administration to join only six other degree programs in the soft launch this spring of Open SUNY.
Shermans Share Enduring Oswego Love
Kenneth ’54 and Anne McDonald Sherman ’53 cherish one another in ways that have remained constant since their romantic days at SUNY Oswego more than 60 years ago. They met in the cigarette-smoke-filled cafeteria in post-World War II “Splinter Village,” began dating and were married on Aug. 21, 1951. Anne was 19; Ken, 22.
Spring 2014 to Bring Fresh AIR
The Alumni-In-Residence (AIR) program
brings accomplished Oswego alumni back to campus to share their knowledge and career experiences with current students. Alumni speak in classes, meet directly with students and faculty and hold special presentations open to the entire college community. Students can receive information on what it's like in the "real world," how to achieve success after leaving Oswego and what to do while still in school to help ensure success. This semester, your students will be invited to hear from several successful alumni, including:
Future Oswego Leaders Conference
- Jane Knickerbocker Wisner ’90, director of strategic communications at MVP Health Care, Feb. 28;
- Kate Wilcox ’11, regional account executive, Butler/Till, and owner of Rochester Media Consulting, March 4;
- Lorraine Teleky-Petrella ’66 attorney, March 5;
- Maureen O'Donnell Sanchez ’87, Catsmo/Solex Fine Foods/PAQ Fresh Truffles, March 11; GOLD Lunch and Learn, March 12; Futures of Finance Fair; and;
- Keith Chamberlain ’87, director of business development, Educause; president, Oswego Alumni Association, March 28.
The fourth annual Future Oswego Leaders Conference
, organized by business honor society Omicron Delta Kappa and co-sponsored by the Oswego Alumni Association, will be held March 7 and 8
. The conference provides students the opportunity to network with alumni professionals on March 8. Visiting alumni include:
- Keynote Speaker Renee Abstender Marchak ’94, Haun Welding Supply, HR generalist;
- Tom Antonoff ’80, General Electric, remediation and transactions project manager;
- Kristen Aust ’95, Bryant & Stratton, systems manager of career services;
- Dick Farfaglia ’73, political advisor; and
- Jason Holder ’05, WABC-TV, Eyewitness News at 11, line producer.
Health Care Careers Conference
The third annual Health Care Careers Conference will be held on March 11
. Co-sponsored by the Health Professions Advisory Committee and Career Services, the conference provides students in the health care industry an opportunity to network with alumni professionals. Visiting alumni include:
- Ryan Barker ’06, chiropractor, Barker Chiropractic PC
- Jacob Frier ’12, medical student, SUNY Upstate University
- Sarah Ward ’07, physical therapist, Warner Physical Therapy